Welcome to Nursery's class page! Here you will find information about all the brilliant fun we are having as we learn and what to expect in the weeks ahead.
Our class wish
To try our best and be kind to others.
Over the year, we will be encouraging the children to work hard to make our class wish come true. In prayer and reflection assemblies, each class will chose a child who has worked towards their class wish so we can celebrate their achievements as a whole school community.
Over the past two weeks, the children have been learning all about the story Dear Zoo. They loved learning about all of the different animals that arrived in the post and were able to retell the story fantastically! They enjoyed playing with the small world zoo, painting zoo animals and writing their own letters to the zoo.
Macmillan Coffee Morning - This Friday (28th September)
On Friday, the whole school will be raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support through the World's Biggest Coffee Morning. This is an amazing charity that helps millions of people who are suffering with cancer, along with giving much needed support to their families.
We will be holding a cake sale for the children on the day and the children are allowed to wear their own clothes with a "green" theme to help raise money on the day.
What can you do to help?
1. Bring in cakes on Thursday.
2. Wear green - wear green on Friday and bring £1 to help our fundraising.
3. Bring in 50p on Friday to buy a cake at the MacMillan Cake Sale.
This week in Nursery
This week the children will be staying until 2pm. Please make sure they have a pair of black PE pumps in school for their PE lesson on a Tuesday. Also if you have not sent back the permission form regarding Tapestry we ask that you do so as soon as possible.
A few notes for parents:
- Please send your child with a bag containing spare clothes (including shoes) and baby wipes in case they have an accident. However, please note that we expect children to be toilet trained when they start nursery. Please do not send children in nappies or pull-ups as we do not have facilities for changing children.
- Please make sure your child's name is in all of their clothing and on any bags you send in. This will make home time far easier and save lots of worry.