5 a day
63 + 37 = 100 5 x 5 = 25 157 - 57 = 100 50 divided by 5 = 10 2/3 of 24 = 16 Time = half 10 (10.30)
If you add them all together 7 + 5 + 3 + 2 = 17p so two of the 3p sweets = 20p
You need to add them all up and take the total from 20p to realise that you have 3p left so Emily has two lots of the yellow sweets.
English - Lighthouse Questions
1. You know it's night time from the dark sky, the candles being on and the lamps being lit.
2. Most of the villagers are spending time in the public bars.
3. The candle gets blown out by the wind coming from outside blowing open the window.
4. The Lighthouse keeper picks up a box of tools on the way up to the top of the lighthouse.
5. The lamp has broken down. The clues are in the panic on the lighthouse keepers face and that there is no light coming out to be reflected to the sea.
6. The lamp needs to shine out to sea so the ship doesn't hot the rocks. This would cause it to sink.
7. The lamp breaks into pieces as the lighthouse keeper falls over the tool box and the lamp falls out of his hands.
8.The ship is saved by the villagers noticing the lighthouse lamp isn't working and they all getting their lamps to shine together from the top of the rocks.