World Book Week
Spring 2 Week 1 27.2.2023
At Our lady & St. Rose of Lima we love to read and so we have decided to extend World Book Day to a World Book Week! We will be celebrating World Book Week in the week beginning 27th February. There are going to be lots of fabulous opportunities for the children to enjoy reading and this year we’d love families to get involved too.
Here’s what you need to know:
- We will be hosting a #Shelfie competition. Please send in pictures of your child with their favourite books, their bookcase, at a library or any other place you visit that has lots of lovely books. We will be giving a prize to the class with the most #Shelfies.
- You can see a timetable below of all the events happening in World Book Week.
- As it is World Book Week, we will also be hosting the book fair in school.
The Book Fair will be in school from Thursday 2nd March - Tuesday 7th March. For the first time, we are going cashless with our book fair. All payments for books will be made using a card machine so you will need either your phone (for Apple Pay) or your card with you.
You can still use any gift tokens you may have and every child will be given a £1 book token in World Book Week, which they can use at the book fair.
- So that our Book Fair does not become too busy, we have devised a timetable for different classes to come and attend (see below). It will run after school from 3.30 - 4.00pm.
|Thursday 2nd March 2023||Book Fair for Years: Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 2|
|Friday 2rd March 2023||Book Fair for Years: Years 3 & 4|
|Monday 7th March 2023||Book Fair for Years 5 & 6|
|Tuesday 7th March 2023||ALL YEAR GROUPS WELCOME|
6th - 10th February 2023
This week is online safety week. There will be a workshop for Year 2 on Tuesday 7th February 2023 for safety Internet Day and lessons in class on being safe online throughout the week.
Please click on the link below for other resources.
Samaritan's Purse Christmas Shoebox Appeal
Today (4.11.22) we have sent home a leaflet about helping children around the world with a Christmas shoebox. If you are able to support this worthy cause then can we have the boxes back on Monday 14th November, please? All information is on the leaflet or by looking at the website.
How to Pack a Shoebox (samaritans-purse.org.uk)
Forest School - Thursdays from 10th November 2022 to 8th December. The children will not have forest school on Thursday 24th November as we have a school retreat day.
Thank you to all the parents that attended. It was lovely to see such a great turn out. Here is the presentation in case you need any of the information again.
Thursday 29th September - 9am
There will be a parent workshop on 29/9/22 at 9am in the school hall. The session will give you some information on Y2 and SATs. I look forward to seeing you for the session. A letter has been sent home about the workshop (16.9.22).
Monday 26th September will be whole school photographs.
Monday 19th September (school closed)
The funeral of Queen Elizabeth II
We were all shocked by the news that our Queen, Elizabeth II, sadly passed away on Thursday 8th September. Her funeral is on Monday 19th September 2022 at 11am and, in line with the directive from the DFE, our school will be closed as a mark of respect and to allow all staff and pupils to watch the funeral at home.
We will return to school on Tuesday 20th September at 8.45am.
Welcome to Year 2
Hello! We have completed the first week in Year 2 and the children are a delight. We are getting to know one another and the different routines. They are a delightful class.
Just a few notices for you.
1. Homework books have been sent home with weekly tasks from today (9.9.22). Can we have them back every Monday (starting from 19.9.22)?
2. Daily homework is to be TTrockstars for the first half term. The log ins are in the children's homework books.
Times Tables Rock Stars (ttrockstars.com) is the direct link. The postcode for the school is B29 5DY.
3. School uniform - polite reminder that we do PE and active 15 everyday so the children should be in plain black joggers and trainers (no logos) everyday.
4. Homework books will be sent home by Tuesday 13th September. Please use the Boom (GO Read) to inform us of how they are doing. Again the log ins are in their homework books.
Thank you for your ongoing support,
Dr. Gould and Mrs Barnett.