What's happening this week in Reception?
Spring 2: Week 3 - WC: Monday 9th March
Thursday 12th March - Our trip to Ash End Farm
- Children should wear their own clothes and wellington boots. They do not need to bring any other shoes.
- If your child ordinarily has a school lunch, they will be provided with a packed lunch.
- We will be back for the end of the school day.
- If your child has an inhaler/prescribed medication, please ensure it is named and in school.
- If your child is ill on the day of the trip, please inform the office so we are not waiting for them to depart.
Thank you for all your continued support
Phonics/ Sound boxes
This week in our sound boxes we will be looking at the following sounds...
Sounds learned so far through sound boxes:
s, a, t, p, i, n, m, d, g, o, c, k, ck, e, u ,r, h, b, f, ff, l, ll, ss, j, v, w, x, y, z, zz, qu, ch, sh, th, th, ng, ai, igh, ee, or, oa, oo, oo
Please practise reading the sounds and words in your sound boxes. You will also be given sound sheets to practise reading and writing each sound.
The table showing all pink sounds, yellow words and blue words
can be found on the resources page link.
High Frequency Words
We will be looking at and practising to read all of the high frequency words. You can find these words on the resources page link. Well done to all the children who have already learned ALL of the high frequency words. What superstars!!!!
Reception - Little Big Maths
Amounts Counting Learn Its It's Nothing New Calculation