How are you all today? I hope you all had a good Wednesday. Well done for all your hard work so far and thank you for all you are doing at home. Please continue to post on the blog if you are able to do this and I will reply to all of your messages. This morning we are continuing with Little Red Riding Hood in Literacy and looking at the numbers 6, 7 and 8 in Maths. You also have the rest of your usual morning activities. You might like to watch the CAFOD assembly at 9.30am.
This afternoon we have PE and Music. I hope you all have a fantastic day and I can't wait to see your blog posts!
Remember, if at any time you have any queries about the home learning or if you need any support, please send me an email to the address below - stroseR@olstrose.bham.sch.uk.
There is also a new home learning pack available at school. Please let the school know if you are wanting to collect one.
Thank you for all your support,
Miss Hand and Mrs. Barnett
We always start our morning by talking about the date and weather. We sing the days of the week song and we discuss the date - what day was it yesterday, what day is it today...tomorrow? If yesterday was the 27th, what is today? What is one more than 27... Perhaps you can talk about the date and weather at home. There is a youtube link of the days of the week song below.
Days of the Week song
I have put all the resources you will need in one document today. I hope this makes it easier for you.
1. Practise writing your name - If you can already do this, have a go at your surname or even your middle name if you have one.
2. Simple sentence - I wonder if you can write something about the picture? I wonder if you can think of your own sentence or perhaps you could write another ‘I can see’ sentence. I can see...
It is up to you! If this is a bit tricky, you could have a go at writing some sounds/words.
3. Word of the day - Take a look at today's word of the day and have a go at the activity if you are able to.
CAFOD - Water of life assembly(CAFOD - Catholic Agency for Overseas Development)
You may wish to watch this short assembly today to find out how even though we are all apart, we are still connected.
In this assembly we think about how important water is and we thank God for the special gift of water. We also think about what actions we can take to help those with little or no water in the world.
The video will premiere at 9.30am.
Water of Life - Primary assembly | CAFOD
Please click on the document below to see this week's Collective Worship. Please look at Thursday -
1.) Daily devotion. 2.) Prayer time (I wonder if you can say or write your own prayer with adult).
3.) Practise singing the Hail Mary with sign language (video below).
Click to enlarge
Hail Mary || Signing Video
Literacy - Little Red Riding Hood
Today we are continuing our new story of Little Red Riding Hood. I have added the story powerpoint below and all the other resources you will need in one document.
Today I would like you to read the story and then have a go at writing a shopping list for Little Red Riding Hood. What might she put in her basket? What might she need to buy from the shop to take to Grandmother's house? Have a look at the pictures of food on the shopping list to help you. Say the word and think about the sounds that you can hear in the word. Can you have a go at writing them down? Remember to use your sound mat to help you!
I have also added a food word mat for support too. Enjoy!
Music - To be able to identify high and low (pitch) sounds.
1. Practise singing this week's Nursery rhyme - Wiggly woo.
2. Read the story 'Goldilocks and the Three Bears'. If you have a copy of the story at home, perhaps you can read this with an adult. If not, I have added a youtube version of the story below.
3. Think about the voices of the bears - High/low sounds. This is known as pitch - how high or low a sound is.
In the story, whose voice is low? Whose voice is high?
4. Watch the video all about pitch - high/low sounds.
5. Read the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears once more. This time, I wonder if you can join in with the voices of the bears. Can you do a low voice for Daddy Bear? What about Mummy bear? Can you do a high voice for Baby bear?
1. Wiggly Woo
2. Goldilocks and the Three Bears
4. We're going to sing high, low, and in the middle
End of the day story
Today's end of the day story - Guess how much I love you! I hope you enjoy it!
Guess how much I love you (animated)
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set
by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some
functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this.
The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is
used to prevent cross site request forgery.
An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have
An 'awsUploads' object is used to facilitate file uploads.
to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device
types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.
Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional
functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to
enable them below: