Please log into your BGFL account in order to access the register.
Today I would like you to do two things.
1. Practise writing your name (if you can write your first name you could practise your surname too).
2. Have a look at the picture - I wonder if you can write an ‘I can see’ sentence. I can see...
If this is a bit tricky, you could have a go at writing some sounds/words. You the phonics sound mat for support.
Please click on the document below to see this week's Collective Worship. Please just look at the daily devotion for Monday and the Bible story for Monday. You might like to read the story in the Bible if you are able to.
We will practise our new sound 'ee' over two days
In phonics, we do the following things:
1. Sing the alphabet song (the video below is slightly different to the one we sing at school, but the children know it).
2. Practise all of the sounds that we have learned so far.
3. Practise reading words with the previous sound in.
4. Watch a video of our new sound.
5. Practise reading words with our new sound in. We segment the sounds and blend them together to say/read the word, e.g. the word - cat - segment ---> c-a-t - blend ---> cat!
6. Practise writing the new sound (pre-cursive letter formation).
7. Practise writing words with the new sound in.
We are going to review all the sounds learned so far and then start from the ee sound again. Even though we did look at this in school just before Christmas, it would be a good idea to refresh this sound.
Today we are going to read a new story - Brown bear, brown bear. If you do not have a copy of this book at home, please take a look at the youtube video below.
I would like you to read the story and then have a go at reading the words or sentences and then match them to the correct picture. If it's tricky to read the word, have a look at the initial sound (the first sound in the word). If you have the resources at home, you might like to cut the words/sentences and stick them next to the correct picture.
Little Big Maths
Please take a look at the powerpoint for this week. These are basic skills you can keep practising throughout the week.
Understanding the world
We are going to continue with our topic of Special times and special places before moving onto our new topic of Growing and Changing.
Please have a look at the PowerPoint below and then have a go at the focus task - there are different options.
1. Talk to an adult about what a Polar Explorer does.
2. Draw and label what a Polar explorer would need in his/her bag (resource below).
3. Create/draw/paint a picture of the Endurance Ship.
4. You might like to find out more about other Polar explorers.
Word of the day - hail
Take a look at today's word of the day! Perhaps you could have a go at the activity too.