Phonics - practising blending - air
We will practise blending today.
In phonics, we do the following things:
1. Sing the alphabet song (the video below is slightly different to the one we sing at school, but the children know it).
2. Practise all of the sounds that we have learned so far.
3. Practise reading words with the previous sound in.
4. Watch a video of our new sound - blending air.
5. Practise writing the new sound (pre-cursive letter formation).
6a. Practise reading words with our new sound in. We segment the sounds and blend them together to say/read the word, e.g. the word - cat - segment ---> c-a-t - blend ---> cat!
6b. Practise writing words with the new sound in.