Phonics - ee
We will practise our new sound 'ee' again today.
In phonics, we do the following things:
1. Sing the alphabet song (the video below is slightly different to the one we sing at school, but the children know it).
2. Practise all of the sounds that we have learned so far.
3. Practise reading words with the previous sound in.
4. Watch a video of our new sound.
5. Practise reading words with our new sound in. We segment the sounds and blend them together to say/read the word, e.g. the word - cat - segment ---> c-a-t - blend ---> cat!
6. Practise writing the new sound (pre-cursive letter formation).
7. Practise writing words with the new sound in.
We are going to review all the sounds learned so far and then start from the ee sound again. Even though we did look at this in school just before Christmas, it would be a good idea to refresh this sound.