This week is assessment week. The children don't take part in traditional assessments but the staff take time to see where the children are working at and we use these to plan their next steps. We do this through a mix of more structured tasks and observations.
Parents often ask what they can do to help support their child at home. Some of the things we recommend are:
- Counting to ten in sequence.
- Playing games involving recognising numbers to ten.
- Playing games with simple shapes.
- Playing rhyming and alliteration games.
- Reading stories and discussing them.
- Practising reading and writing their name.