Happy New Year!
Welcome to Year 6!
Spring Term 2020
I have returned from maternity leave this week and it has been great to spend the week with this wonderful class. I am very excited for the next two terms ahead. Please keep checking the page for updates, photos and information regarding SATs and residential.
Important information for Spring Term
As we are now on the count down to SATs week, the following things will be happening:
- Children will take home english and maths homework every Thursday to be completed by Monday.
- Children will need to practise spellings from the National Curriculum spelling list (see below) and be tested every Friday.
- Online homework will also be set including, Spag.com/ReadTheory/SATsBootCamp and Times Table Rockstars.
- PE will take place on Tuesday afternoons. Please ensure full PE kit is in school.
- SATs/Residential workshop for parents will take place (more information to follow).
- After school boosters for some children will be available (more information to follow)
Please feel free to come and chat to me with any questions or concerns.
Star of the WEEK
10th January 2020
Well done to Merveille who was chosen as Year 6's STAR of the Week.
Merveille was chosen because she has spent all week working incredibly hard in each lesson and being a wonderful helping hand to me as I settle back into the classroom. Well done Merveille and thank you!
Our Class Wish is:
“Aspire not to have more, but to BE more”
We talked in Year 6 about all the amazing things we have in our lives and how lucky we are compared to many people in the UK and round the world.
One of the children reminded us that there are children in the world (and in the UK) that wake up each day to a very difficult life with little in the way of food, clothing, comfort or indeed - education.
We all agreed that we should be grateful for the many ways we have been blessed in our lives and generous in the way we share our possessions, our lives and our time…
QUIZ Top Ten... 28th November 2019
The children's QUIZ papers have been given out to the children - ask them how they did!!
The Quiz tested the children's knowledge of RE, Science, History, Geography and Art and was out of 25...
Also there was a separate QUIZ for the Grammar organiser.
These are the TOP 10 children
Please encourage your children to revise for at least 10/15 minutes each day so that they can get higher scores and of course gain the MUCH NEEDED knowledge.
Spelling: Year 6 Autumn2 Overview
Objectives that are in pink are a Y5/Y6 statutory requirement and individual words highlighted pink are from the Y5/Y6 statutory spelling list. The additional sets either: revise previously visited spelling rules from lower year groups; practise a spelling rule linked to a Y5/Y6 statutory spelling word or relate to a word, sentence or punctuation objective from the English Appendix 2 of the NC 2014.