Sport's Vision Statement
At Our Lady & St Rose Catholic Primary School Physical Education, School Sport and Healthy Active Lifestyles are embedded across our school. We are on a journey to engage all pupils, staff and parents in these areas and as a result, standards of personal development, behaviour and well-being are continually moving forward.
We recognise the value and importance of high quality PE and school sport and as a result of our community having physical, mental and social well-being we recognise the long term impact this will have on outcomes across the school.
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
The desired outcomes for our Sports Premium money are:
1. Improving the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision.
2. Increasing participation in PE and Sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
3. Extensive range of activities available for extra-curricular opportunities
Here at St. Rose, we plan to use a portion the funding to employ a Sports Coordinator (0.5 day/week) who will work collaboratively with Miss McDonald and PE Coordinators across five local schools to:
1. Increase participation and success in competitive school sports and a variety of fun physical activities
2. Create awareness amongst pupils about the dangers of obesity, smoking and other health related issues
3. Compliment and enhance current PE and sport provision to ensure they are at the heart of school life to raise achievement
Sarah Lay has been employed as our Cluster Sports Coordinator. She is a qualified physical education teacher with 15 years teaching experience. Sarah has an extensive school leadership background and has been heavily involved in playing and coaching in a variety of sports. In addition to her Sports Coordinator role, she is also working with Newman University lecturing and mentoring student undertaking teacher training.
A detailed plan for use of the sports premium funding is being developed and will be published on the site in the new year.